EMERGE KENTUCKY is the premier political training program for Democratic women who want to run for public office. Our mission is to identify, recruit and train Democratic women to run for elective office at the local, state and national levels.
EMERGE KENTUCKY is a 527 political organization. It is affiliated with Emerge America which currently has programs in 29 states. Emerge Kentucky has trained over 240 women and is in its eleventh year of operation.
Emerge Kentucky is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to serve as Executive Director. The Executive Director reports to the board of directors of Emerge Kentucky. This is a full time position.
The ED manages the Emerge Kentucky program and is responsible for implementing the strategic plan, managing the organization’s day to day operation, overseeing and participating in revenue development, implementing the curriculum, and recruiting and supporting the program class participants. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit and participate in the selection of class members;
- Organize the program’s training sessions, including recruiting and scheduling presenters and organizing all the logistics of program delivery;
- Support class members throughout the annual program;
- Build and maintain alumnae relations;
Revenue Development and Financial Management:
- Develop the organization’s annual budget with the board Treasurer;
- Develop and implement the organization’s revenue development plan;
- Raise revenue with board assistance;
- Organize and implement fundraising programs and events;
- Maintain all financial management systems and accounting records, and file all tax returns required;
- Work with the Board Treasurer and finance committee.
- Work closely with the Board Chair, committees and the entire board to develop and implement the strategic goals;
- Schedule board and committee meetings, set meeting schedules and agendas and take minutes as needed;
- Communicate regularly with the board of directors and the advisory board.
External Communications and Relationships
- Represent the organization throughout the Commonwealth to increase awareness of the mission and programs of the organization;
- Expand and maintain Emerge Kentucky’s networks of diverse program members, donors, supporters, alumnae, volunteers, Advisory Board and the Board of Directors;
- Develop and maintain relationships with alumnae, donors, the KY Democratic Party, elected officials, political organizations, other supporters and the media;
- Work with Emerge America and other Emerge state affiliates by participating in national meetings and phone calls, and by sharing best practices and other expertise and knowledge;
- Maintain the organization’s database of class members, alumnae, presenters and others;
- Maintain the organization’s website and social media.
- Recruit and manage additional staff members;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated commitment to the Democratic Party and Emerge;
- Passion for the mission of advancing women’s leadership in politics;
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to multi-task, manage time efficiently, meet deadlines under pressure;
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with diverse and multi-cultural constituencies;
- Ability to manage a budget and raise revenue;
- Self-starter, a hard worker who can work under pressure and be flexible;
- Comfort in public speaking;
- Excellent written and oral skills;
- Skilled in use of technology and social media;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional work experience preferred;
- Non-profit management experience preferred, especially in board relationships, financial management and fundraising, media and program development;
- Fundraising experience preferred.
- Travel required in-state with occasional trips out of state
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Cell phone and laptop
- Flexible work hours, including weekend and evenings
SALARY commensurate with experience
APPLICATIONS must be received by July 29, 2020 and be sent to: Susanna French, Board Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emerge Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation or identification or disability.