How do we measure the impact of Emerge women across Kentucky? Beyond winning elections, our alums rise by seeking appointments to elected office, appointments to boards and commissions and leadership roles in service in their community. We continue to be amazed and proud of our alums and wanted to share a few of their recent victories:
- Acena Beck (Class of 2015) has been appointed by Governor Beshear to the 16th Judicial Circuit, Family Court Division! Click here to read more!
- Judge Cole Adams Maier (Class of 2011) has been appointed by Governor Beshear to the Office of Circuit Court Judge for the 25th District, Division II.
- Chris Brown (Class of 2021) has been awarded the Kenton County Democrat of the Year award!
- Metro Councilmember Cassie Chambers Armstrong (Class of 2018) was interviewed about the meaningful change she is bringing to Louisville’s 8th District. Click here to read the full article.
- Yolanda Johnson (Class of 2021) has been appointed by Governor Beshear to the Juvenile Justice Advisory Board.
- Amanda Corzine (Class of 2021) was selected for the Nativity Academy Association Board, and was the recent recipient of the Team Daisy Award for nursing excellence from UofL Hospital.
The success of Emerge women is due to the support of a strong community. Thank you for being a part of this dynamic change across Kentucky!